Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cha Cha Cha Chia Obama

I was not aware of this but apparently due to the popularity of Obama, Chia decided to pay homage to our president by producing a special edition of its product with the appearance of Barack Obama. I believe its amazing. I mean I didnt know this company still existed and the idea of a Chia Obama is pretty amusing. Unfortunately some people don't share my enthusiasm including the top officials at Walgreen. This week they have decided to pull this product off of their shelves after deciding this was too racist for the company. Apparently this was due to the products "nappy hair," and they actually received quite a few angry calls about it. I am outraged by this. I might not be the biggest obama supported but its a freaking Chia pet. Come on people. If you really want to hammer someone for racism involving Obama, how about going after the recently opened "Obama Chicken House" in Brooklyn or the European chicken finger brand entitled "Obama Fingers." (click each link for details) Either way, do you consider this Chia Pet to be racist? Comment this article and let me know. (The Obama Chia can be found here) Also below are pictures of the Chia and the Obama products that I actually believe should be found to be racist



No comments:

Post a Comment